While we all love referrals, many of you have to rely on Social Media sites, Zillow, Realtor.com. and on your website to provide leads from strangers who come across you on those sites.
When a potential customer is looking for a real estate agent, you’ll have about 3 seconds from when they view your profile picture to when they have made up their mind whether they like you, and even if they want to hire you. Your profile picture is KEY to drawing in those clients.
When you are selling anything at all, the client is buying YOU first! Make a top impression. For the most part, you want a professional looking photo, with good lighting and a neutral background.
DO’s and DONT’S for Profile Pics
- Do not snip yourself out of a couple or group picture. Only use a double picture if your spouse/partner is also your business partner.
2. Be sure to be dressed at least business casual, and the higher the demographic you are trying to reach, the better dressed you need to be.
3. Be sure to use a simple, neutral backdrop for your picture. There are a few occasions and backdrops that would be appropriate. If you sell mainly to golfers, dress in a golf shirt and take pic on golf course. Or if your niche is mountain or lake living, a very well shot picture in those scenes are great.
4. Be sure that your face almost fills the frame, a close-up.
5. Be aware of the lighting, you want professional lighting or natural lighting. For those with darker complexions, take a couple of test shots. You want enough light to show the details and features of your facial features, but also be careful to know have a glare or shine from a flash. (I was a portrait photographer in another life!)
Let me show you a few examples of what NOT to do, and a few that got it right.